[time-nuts] 50th Anniversary of the Atomic Clock

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Aug 1 14:20:53 EDT 2005

Hi Tom:

I've been reading some of these articles and notice that NBS started
work with Cesium standards around 1948, yet it was the Essen standard at
NPL in the UK that seems to be the important one.  I take it that this
means that Essen's standard worked much better, but how was his
different from the NBS standard?

On a time line where does the FTS4060 standard fit relative to the HP
offerings?  Was it the first microcontroller based Cesium standard?

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE
PS I had the top lid off my 5060A for a photo opportunity and must say
it's really a work of art.

w/Java http://www.PRC68.com
w/o Java http://www.pacificsites.com/~brooke/PRC68COM.shtml
http://www.precisionclock.com