[time-nuts] Austron 2000C

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Aug 11 14:45:31 EDT 2005

In message <000801c59e9d$f58e1270$9600000a at master>, "EJ Kroon" writes:
>Hello,
>
>I have an austron 2000C. I like to use this instrument in Europe, but =
>there are only 3 digits to enter the
>repetition rate. For Europe we need 4 digits. I trying to modify the =
>unit so I can use 4 digits (7499).

Make sure you don't waste too much time on this, many of the
transmitters close end of this year.

>Have anyone did this before? I plan to replace the ringcounter using =
>74192 ICs. Using the parallel load
>and count down to zero on a 100 kHz clock. If this works I am able to =
>use the instrument on the Sylt chain.

I have played with it another way:  I set the receiver to 7500 and
fed it a 10MHz that was detuned 1 part in 7500 (actually generated
by DDS but you get the idea).

I did think about generating the 4-digit timing with a PIC16 instead,
but never got around to it.