[time-nuts] Low cost synchronization

buehl buehl at superlink.net
Thu Aug 18 16:27:22 EDT 2005

Mike:

The 1 Hz difference leads to the problems of 'is it +1 or -1;  Or at zero,
there is no output to count.

With the 1 MHz referrec to in John's email, you can run a reliable counter.

Does anyone in the group have expertise in "forced aging" of crystals.  In
the 'good old days' before precision trimmed parts, we commonly 'aged'
parts with temperature cycles and voltage cycles to get past all the first
year variations.  This gave long term stability as well as sorting out all
the early life failures of parts.  Would take care of the 'first year
drift' variable.

Tom Buehl