[time-nuts] Z3801A predicted holdover phase drift convergence

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Aug 1 17:48:25 EDT 2005

Hi!

I have been monitoring my Z3801A and noticed that the predicted hold over
time/phase drift (i.e. frequency error) is fluctuating in the 100-200 us per
day range. Am I expecting too much, or should I really expect this to be an
acceptable level?

Recalculating it to frequency error it would be an initial fractional frequency
error of 1,157E-9 to 2,315E-9. That is not bad, but I would assumed a little
better without thinking things thru. If somebody done the thinking, please
enlighten me on the details, I am sure it will make sense.

Cheers,
Magnus