[time-nuts] H-Maser FYI

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Aug 2 04:34:13 EDT 2005

In message <42EEF4B1.8060205 at toad.net>, Tom Clark writes:

>For the masochists interested in the details of VLBI, the entire
>notebook of lectures presented is at
>http://ivscc.gsfc.nasa.gov/meetings/tow2005/notebook.html.

That cost be the better part of the morning :-)

Could you explain one little detail for me ?  What is the mechanism
that makes air pressure affect antenna height ?  Is it simply the
weight of the air on the ground ?  Or is it because it affects
the speed of light in the atmosphere ?

>(Yes, I'm the Tom Clark listed on several of the presentations O:-) )

We know who you are Tom,  we're proud to have you here :-)