[time-nuts] Re: Accuracy of a sound card

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Aug 22 23:03:42 EDT 2005

I _strongly_ recommend National Instruments for anything GPIB-related.  It
is much cheaper on eBay than buying anything new from Agilent, and much
better for your sanity than buying anything from an unheard-of GPIB
manufacturer.

I write a fair amount of homebrew T&M software; most of it is available for
free with full source code, and it all requires NI488.2 hardware, because
that's what I have.  (Not to thread-jack, but I just released a nifty new
phase-noise utility that duplicates most of the functionality of the HP
85671A package, for instance -- see
http://www.speakeasy.org/~jmiles1/ke5fx/pn.htm).

I have a lot of respect for NI as a company due to their quality hardware,
good documentation, and ongoing free support for older products.

-- john, KE5FX