[time-nuts] 5370A interpolator board problem

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Sat Dec 10 18:38:48 EST 2005

Fellow t-nuts,

I have a problem with one of the interpolator boards in my 5370A -- it is
causing the counter to fail to lock, i.e., the lamp on the count chain board
is lit and the count usually shows Err 04.

I've got the manual and am proceeding accordingly with troubleshooting, but
my questions for the list:

    Is there a well known failure mode of the interpolator board that I
should look for ?

Also:

    Anyone have a 5370A with a good interploator board that they are parting
out ?

(I didn't see anything in the archives.)

Thanks,
-- Christopher.

p.s. Since I couldn't find one, I hand built an A7/option 001 board for my
counter so I could use  a 10811A I had.  It is easy if you have a protoboard
with the proper pitch card edge that you can cut down to the right size.
If anyone is interested in this little hack, let me know and I'll put it up
on the web.