[time-nuts] Looking for 468-DC GOES receiver info

kevin-usenet at horizon.com kevin-usenet at horizon.com
Thu Feb 17 00:53:46 EST 2005

I was just fiddling with a 468-DC GOES receiver that had been knocked
out of alignment by last summer's hurricanes.  Thanks to TVB for
http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/468-dc/theory.htm
which helped immensely (particularly the bit about TP2 and the unlock LED).

I know GOES time is now in legacy mode with only +/-1 ms accuracy,
but I thought it would be fun to hook it up to an NTP server anyway.

I have satellite lock, time displayed, and 1 PPS and 1 kHz coming out the
back.  However, I don't see anything on the IRIG output or the serial port.
(And the EXT OSC input is a mystery.)

Looking at the NTP driver, I tried connecting at 9600 8N1 and sending
various letters, but no response.  (The port probed as DTE, so I used
a crossover cable.)

Does anyone have any use or debugging information or manuals?

Thanks!