[time-nuts] WWVB Antenna

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed Feb 23 16:15:39 EST 2005

It depends on your distance from Fort Collins.

I have a Spectracom 8163 and a Fluke 207. I live near
Minneapolis, MN.

I built John's WWVB loop, essentially 100 feet if shielded
cable with the shield cut in the middle and wound on a 3 ft
square. Couldn't get it to resonate so I tried it bare. At
one end the center and shield go to the shield on the feed
cable. At the other end the center goes to the center of the
feed cable and the shield goes to its shield.

The antenna is located in a walkout basement window. Both
receivers show strong signal.

The 207 was deaf at first but responded to alignment. The
main problem was that the gating one-shot in the synthesizer
loop was off a bit, so the loop wouldn't oscillate.

YMMV

Bill Hawkins