[time-nuts] Perl program for stability analysis available

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 3 01:37:50 EST 2005

In message <41D8AE0B.9020501 at febo.com>, John Ackermann N8UR writes:

>Hi Poul-Henning --
>
>I got your program to compile under Linux after removing the reference
>to floatingpoint.h and commenting out     "fpsetmask(FP_X_UFL);" at
>about line 721.  I think I sussed out some of the command line options,
>but could you provide a quick usage summary, as I'm not sure I have the
>right options and/or data format -- I get ADEV results that don't make
>much sense.

This is from memory:

-R filename
	read timestamp file, Ie:  %d.%d second and fraction.

-r filename
	read phase difference file, Ie: .%d fraction

(I may have these two swapped)

-c
	Remove average

-l
	Make linear regression fit.

-A filename
	Calculate modified Allan variance

-a filename
	Calculate Allan variance

-F filename number_buckets
	FFT

-L number
	attemt Linear Frequency Fit with <number> points

-o omega
	time between samples.  (Should be given before [-rR])

-O stddev
	Remove Outlyers further than <stddev>.