[time-nuts] Gnu C Time Libraries LeapSecond support

rlutwak at comcast.net rlutwak at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 10:59:39 EDT 2005

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out hte extent of LeapSecond support in the Gnu C libraries.  In many places, the documentation includes phrases like "...if LeapSecond support is enabled..."  but nowhere have I found documentation of how to enable (or use) it, or how to determine whether support is enabled in my distribution.

Can anyone out there point me to some documentation?

Thanks,

-RL

p.s. On a related note, does anyone know if Microsoft Windows/Visual C++ offers any support?  And if not, how do they keep the system from breaking down do to inconsistencies between forward and backward calculations between tm* and time_t ?

Robert Lutwak, Senior Scientist
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
34 Tozer Rd.
Beverly, MA 01915

RLutwak at Symmetricom.com (Business)
Lutwak at Alum.MIT.edu (Personal)