[time-nuts] (no subject)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jul 25 14:29:22 EDT 2005

In message <659963FE-E9F1-4A07-8A6A-12AEA93C43A4 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

Rob,

I started refuting you email point by point, but decided against
it.  It all comes down to one fundamental issue which we disagree
on, there rest follows directly from that.

>UTC is Universal Time joined to TAI.  Universal Time is an
>approximation of Greenwich Mean Time.  These assertions are true
>now.  They should remain so in the future.

... says the astronomers.

Other people think that by sheer majority of users, the UTC timescale
no longer belongs to the astronomers, and that it can and should
be redefined to serve its major target audience better.

>UTC is not civil time.

You _really_ need to get out more...