[time-nuts] Cable Delay Measurements

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Jul 26 14:53:30 EDT 2005

From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby at onetel.net>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Cable Delay Measurements
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:29:49 +0100

David,

> Joseph Gray wrote:
> > Thanks, I knew that was the the basic procedure, using a T.I. counter. I
> > was hoping someone had a copy of the Agilent appnote, to see if there
> > were any more details that would further my understanding.
>
> I'd appreciate it if you stuck your request here.
>
> http://www.drkirkby.co.uk/community/test-equipment/
>
> When I have sorted out the bugs, I'll make the URL more public. You
> never know, someone might have what you are looking for.
>
> Feel free to put any silly entries in for test purposes, as I would like
> it tested.

I just tossed in a request which is semi-serious (I do want the programming
manual for it), but it is a bit out of the field. Please note the product name
;O)

> As you will see, someone has pointed out the spelling errors.
> Unfortunately, I have never got around to getting a decent spell checker
> on my UNIX box. I write my web pages in vi, which does not have a spell
> checker! But I will spell check it more.

There is one as part of the FSF/GNU suite. That is what typically is installed
on a Linux box.

> If you find any branch of test equipment missing from the list, let me know.

We will. You *never* get it quite right from the beginning. Actually, one of
the boxes I have that I would enjoy operations and service manual for is my
HP high-resistance meter.

> Once I have it working properly, I'll remove all the entries added by
> people for test purposes and just leave the serious requests for
> application notes, manuals and help on test equipment.

You have a test-entry now...

Cheers,
Magnus