[time-nuts] Re: GPS clock to RT-Linux for pulsar machine

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Sat Jul 2 12:32:07 EDT 2005

>>DOS timekeeping is restricted to the 18.2Hz i8254 counter and that
>>is far to crude for the NTP algorithms.
>>
>>A few SNTP tools work and their precision is obviously 18.2Hz...

In case somebody needs it, many years ago I wrote a simple asm routine,
meant to be run under DOS and called by a C program, that reprogrammed
the 8254 timer/counter for interrupts every 1 msec (exactly 1000.1523
Hz). The routine maintains a variable with a running count, accessible
from the C program.
If you need it, send me a note.

73  Alberto  I2PHD