[time-nuts] World's most accurate PC clock!

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jul 3 13:47:22 EDT 2005

In message: <24259.66.81.100.92.1120411518.squirrel at webmail.sonic.net>
            "Rick Karlquist" <richard at karlquist.com> writes:
: Slightly OT:  Does anyone know if there is an "atomic clock"
: (the WWVB driven type) that interfaces to a PC via USB or
: something, such that the PC time is regularly updated?
: This would solve my PC time problem.  (I need this to work
: w/o internet access).

Yes.  Such things exist.  Many GPS receivers will produce a time
stream and PPS that ntp will grok.  usb is really not suitable for a
time source because its latency has too high a variance.

Warner