[time-nuts] FW: Bulletin C number 30

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Tue Jul 5 14:18:13 EDT 2005

At 01:28 PM 7/5/2005, Magnus Danielson wrote...

While it can't rewrite history, look at NTP autokey, which can automatically distribute the information necessary to keep things right. ( http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/leap-seconds.3169152000 ) Also see libtai ( http://cr.yp.to/libtai.html ), which does those calculations. TAI64 also fixes the 2038 problem.

>Another useful thing would be a function that returns the UTC-TAI difference
>at a given time.

ntp_gettime(), at least for the current time. By using libtai, the calculation for any given time should be trivial.