[time-nuts] FW: Bulletin C number 30

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jul 5 15:14:41 EDT 2005

In message <6.2.3.4.0.20050705132358.03fa8218 at mjs.alientech.net>, Mike S writes
:
>Why do you refuse to recognize that eliminating leap seconds from
>UTC has huge costs to other organizations?

Where are these alleged costs documented ?

All I've seen yet is from various astronomers who have hedged their
bets with a "I want a brand new instrument" estimates...

And even adding all those guestimates up, I bet you that the DoD
will spend more time on personel this coming new years day than the
sum of your costs.

Get a grip on the scale of things, will ya ?