[time-nuts] We got our own eBay category now :-)

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Tue Jul 12 19:27:10 EDT 2005

From: "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Subject: [time-nuts] We got our own eBay category now :-)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:13:26 +0200

> I just noticed that we have our own eBay category now:

>     * > Buy
>     * > Business & Industrial
>     * > Industrial Electrical & Test
>     * > Test Equipment
>     * > Time Test Equipment

It doesn't say Time-nuts, since that would only render a long thread! ;O)

Seriously, that's nice.

I notice that there is no less than three HP5372A up there, one is currently
at 355, one at 750 and one at 1700 USD. 355 is a nice going price, but it will
probably be more at the end of the bidding. 750 is OK. 1700 is a high initial
level, but this is what to expect from an instrument trader. Also, to the best
of my judgement will none of these carry the interesting options, such as I was
happy to conclude that mine does. ;O)

Those, expect only your garden-varity HP5372A reaching 500 MHz, no FFT to fool
around with and no 2G channel. I've even seen some stating 18 GHz but that is
with a stack of extra gear (generator + mixer).

There might be some LINUX GPIB software popping up eventually. ;O)

Cheers,
Magnus