[time-nuts] Re: UTC - A Cautionary Tale

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jul 14 15:56:10 EDT 2005

In message <6.2.3.4.0.20050714083654.0406da60 at mjs.alientech.net>, Mike S writes
:
>At 08:27 AM 7/14/2005, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote...
>
>>I find it surreal that astronomers cannot tell the difference
>>between precision time and the Earth rotational orientation.
>
>But then again, you've demonstrated yourself to be an idiot incapable
>of rational argument.

[My signature saves me from answering this one]

>What is surreal is that people needing precision
>time not linked with the movement of the earth would choose to use
>a time coordinate system which is, like UTC.

For the last time:  I don't get to choose my own timescale.  Governments,
Regulatory Entities, International standards bodies, and such people
demand that I use UTC.

And yes, all those buggers could and should have chosen smarter,
bug I guess they just followed advice from people of your caliber.

Poul-Henning