[time-nuts] Re: UTC - A Cautionary Tale

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Sat Jul 16 19:12:57 EDT 2005

At 06:36 PM 7/16/2005, Robert Lutwak wrote...
>As for concern that people in 10,000 years won't conform to having the sun come up 15 minutes earlier, I'd say y'all are underestimating the power of adaptive evolution.

Innumeracy or deliberate and egregious understatement? AM and PM would be reversed in about 1/2 that time. I'd say y'all are underestimating the problems a very fundamental change in the basis for timekeeping will create.

The convenient method is not the correct solution.