[time-nuts] HP / Agilent manuals

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Jul 17 04:58:14 EDT 2005

Following the postings some time back about Agilent scanning old HP
manuals to put on their web site, I received an email from Dave
Cunningham at Agilent ( dcunningham -REMOTE-AT-REMOVE agilent
-REMOTE-DOT-REMOVE com ) yesterday, in which he sent me an updated list
of what manuals he has which will get scanned and what is still wanted.

I made some comment to him about not having a list in Excel format, so
he sent me some pseudo HTML (you can see I don't like Windoze can't
you?) My browser (Mozilla 1.4 on Sun SPARC) has some problems displaying
this clearly, but it is readable. I'm suspect those of you using
Microsoft products will have no problems, although I have not tested it.

I put it at

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/this-is-a-temporary-link,so-dont-bookmark/DiscoManualTracking-results-only.htm

Dave is happy for this to be freely distributed. (I stuck in the date as
a title, so people have some idea of when it was produced).

Before buying any manual from eBay or equivalent, you should check if it
can be downloaded from the Agilent web site as they are getting added.
The HP 8970B noise figure meter was added a couple of weeks ago
(although pages 1-1 and 1-2 are missing), and the HP 5370B time interval
counter manual I scanned

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/useful-stuff/time/HP-5370B/

will be on the Agilent site soon. I understand the HP 8970A noise figure
meter will be added at some point, which is the one I am looking for.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/