[time-nuts] Gnu C Time Libraries LeapSecond support

rlutwak at comcast.net rlutwak at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 10:59:39 EDT 2005

I'm trying to figure out hte extent of LeapSecond support in the Gnu C libraries.  In many places, the documentation includes phrases like "...if LeapSecond support is enabled..."  but nowhere have I found documentation of how to enable (or use) it, or how to determine whether support is enabled in my distribution.

Can anyone out there point me to some documentation?

p.s. On a related note, does anyone know if Microsoft Windows/Visual C++ offers any support?  And if not, how do they keep the system from breaking down do to inconsistencies between forward and backward calculations between tm* and time_t ?

Robert Lutwak, Senior Scientist
Symmetricom - Technology Realization Center
34 Tozer Rd.
Beverly, MA 01915

RLutwak at Symmetricom.com (Business)
Lutwak at Alum.MIT.edu (Personal)