[time-nuts] Clicktime

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon Jul 25 06:08:51 EDT 2005

I was thinking about using Clicktime http://www.realhamradio.com/network.htm
in a little experiment, here at home. The program is supposed to pulse the
DTR of the selected COM port on a Windows PC at one second intervals. Since
the program must take a finite amount of time to execute the instructions to
trigger the DTR line and then there would also be a delay through the serial
hardware, there must be a delay between the actual start of each second and
the time the DTR line triggers.

How can I measure this, so that I can subtract it from my measurements?
Assume I don't have access to fancy software debuggers or logic analysers.