[time-nuts] Web site to register manuals you have or want for test equipment.

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Jul 26 20:59:11 EDT 2005

I'm copying this to a number of mailing lists, a couple of individuals
and a couple of newsgroups, so you might see it more than once. Copy
elsewhere if you wish.

I have set up a web page at

http://www.drkirkby.co.uk/community/test-equipment/

with the aim of "sharing" professional test equipment manuals,
application notes and similar.

If you have something you would share, please list it. That might be an
electronic or copy of a manual, a paper copy, the original or whatever.

In the case of many of these manuals, copying one would be huge task for
any one person - I did it for the HP 5370B, the manual of which is small
compared to some of the really complex kit.

In the case of large manuals, please would you please consider agreeing
to scan part of a manual should someone want that manual? Then, if
sufficient people agree to scan parts of it, the complete manual gets
scanned without too much effort by any one person. Or if only one or two
will take part, then perhaps the most important bits get scanned.

Take a look and see if someone wants what you have. Some are requesting
just a copy of an application note. I am requesting two pages from a HP
8970B noise figure meter manual.

You can of course add your own entries. Please restrict it to
professional grade test equipment though. Some of this older kit is well
within the budgets of hobbyists, and will offer far better performance
than amateur grade kit.

Please note.

1) I've now put a category for Agilent, one for HP/Agilent and another
for HP. In the case of them, use whatever you think is most appropriate.

2) The list of data is now colour coded, so you should be able to see
who wants things, and who is offering things.

3) You are responsible for all copyright issues.

4) With the exception of any test equipment that I own myself, or have a
particular interest in, I will NOT be hosting any manuals on any web
sites I run.

5) I don't wish to coordinate the copying of a large manual by a group
of people - do that among yourselves.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK ON THE PAGE, but don't ask me about
specific manuals unless I have personally listed it.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/