[time-nuts] 50th Anniversary of the Atomic Clock

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jul 28 03:59:21 EDT 2005

In message <002901c592e7$f4239340$9030f204 at computer>, "Tom Van Baak" writes:
>2005 is the 100th anniversary of Einstein's first set
>of famous papers, including the one on relativity.
>This has received a fair amount of press this year.
>
>Less well known is that 2005 is also considered
>the 50th anniversary of the atomic clock. Here is
>a collection of papers and links if you're short of
>summer reading material:

I have a saved copy of J.A.Pierce' autobiography which used to be
freely available on the net, but which has now disappeared from view.

Presumably it is ok to keep distributing this, so I have put it here:

	http://phk.freebsd.dk/misc/jack_pierce.html

It contains the story of radionavigation from one of the key players
in its invention.