[time-nuts] Re: Re: Allan Deviation of Z3801A

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Thu Jul 28 12:48:17 EDT 2005

Hi Lymex,

A DBM is a standard RF component, so I
don't think it's something you would build.

HP made them years ago (HP 10514A) and
companies like Mini-Circuits still do; in great
variety and quantity. See, for example:

http://www.minicircuits.com/dg03-102.pdf
http://www.minicircuits.com/mixer.shtml

This will tell you how they work:

http://www.minicircuits.com/appnote/mxr1-25.pdf

I assume you have a good local source for
new or used electronic components. A DBM,
old or new, should not cost very much.

For a photo of the old HP 10514A DBM see:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7534160664

/tvb