[time-nuts] UNIX software for M12+ receiver.

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 20 12:22:11 EDT 2005

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>
>> Is there any software around allows one to extract any useful
>> information from an M12+ on a Linux, FreeBSD or more importantly
>> Solaris box?
>>
>> I got my receiver Synergy today and whilst the 30-day trial of Tac32
>> will be useful, I want to find a long term solution that does not
>> include Windoze.
>>

> I have a very simple perl script to capture and parse the number of
> satellites tracked, and the signal strength of each, from a UT+.  I'm in
> the process of updating it for the M12+.  But I haven't attempted to go
> any further than that (my purpose was just to see how well my antenna
> was (or wasn't) working by logging the data over time).
>
> John

I'd be interested in that once you have done the updates.

That was all I really wanted - to know whether or not the receiver was getting a decent signal, rather
than to know the exact time and where I am. If its possible to estimate jitter on the 1pps signal that
would be nice, but I'm sure I could look at adding that myself.

Unfortunatly, I'm not a perl guru. Much prefer C, but I'm willing to give anything a try - as long as
it doee not need Windows.

--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD CEng MIEE,
Senior Research Fellow,