[time-nuts] : Triax Adapters for the FE 70E

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Jun 20 14:46:55 EDT 2005

Hi Mike:

The HP DC semiconductor equipment uses these.  They put "guard" on the
interior shield where guard is driven with the same voltge that's on the
center conductor.  That way there's no leakage current between the
center conductor and ground allowing very small currents to be measured.

Pomona has adapters from these to ordinary coax.  There are two versions
one used 2 lugs (5298)and the other used 3 lugs (5299).  See:
<http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/index.php?i=prodsub&parent=RFCONN&cat=TRIAXCONN&getDetails=0>

73,

Brooke Clarke, N6GCE
--