[time-nuts] FW: Plugs on the FE 70E

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Jun 20 15:37:08 EDT 2005

Hi Mike,

I've never quite understood why the HP3437A, a 0-10V, high speed system
voltmeter uses them, but it does.  The Keithly 616 makes more sense because
the extra shield allows them to run a guard.  Something important on an
electrometer where the impedances are effectively infinite.

It sounds like your application doesn't need the capability, so it might be
best to swap them out for simple isolated BNC connectors.

I am certain that the mating Trompeter connectors will cost at least $20 each.

-Chuck