[time-nuts] Re: Data collection cycle -- multiple sourcesto one counter?

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Tue Jun 21 12:59:11 EDT 2005

> > Sounds like a dip packaged reed relay.
> >
> > -Chuck
>
> It could be, but does it exist a reed relay with 4 positions ? The two
> switches in the 59307A are single pole, 4-way each.

The 59307A is a dual  4-to-1 switch. Each switch
is made from two TO-5 sized relays; the first relay
is SPDT and decides outputs 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. The
other relay is DPDT and decides relay 1 & 4 or
2 & 3. The total of 10 BNC connectors and 4 relays
are mounted on a compact PCB limiting the net
path to a inch or two max. It's a very clean design
and I can see why it goes from DC to 500 MHz.

The relays look special; probably not reed; just
very tiny. You can hear a solid mechanical click
as they are activated.

For the work John mentioned the GPIB-controlled
59307A is ideal and also dirt cheap on the surplus
market.

/tvb
http://www.LeapSecond.com