AW: [time-nuts] Information about FTS-1200

chuck at frequencystandards.com chuck at frequencystandards.com
Wed Jun 29 18:01:03 EDT 2005

    Unfortunately, I only got the info on 1100 though 1180. I believe that
many of their oscillators would run with an input power from 8 volts up to
about 26 volts. If you see any of these with the brand name of Austron, they
are the same oscillator, (1100 to 1180). Datum bought them and transferred
most of the production to the old Frequency and Time Systems company which
they also had purchased. Unfortunately they have all been bought up by
Symmetricom and getting information from them is almost impossible. As their
service manager told me about a year ago, "If you have a customer that wants
something of ours repaired, tell them to send it to us. Otherwise, throw it
away because we do not sell parts or schematics to anyone." I have since
found out that in a few instances they have provided them to the military.
    Don't be surprised with what happens to the Agilent 5071A and the other
products they are buying from Agilent. My suspicion is they will either get
rid of most of them completely or at the least shut down all access to any
information. I may be incorrect but I don't think I have ever seen a comment
of any kind on this list from anyone with Symmetricom.
    I hope I am wrong.
Chuck