[time-nuts] Symmetricom 5071A

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Sat Jun 25 16:11:53 EDT 2005

From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson at sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Symmetricom 5071A
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 12:42:48 -0700

> Hello Magnus,

Hi Dave,

> No. Symmetricom NEVER made the tube for the 5071A. Please tell me where you
> got that.

I'll check with my source. He pointed out this fact to me last year. Naturally,
I could have got him wrong, or he could have his facts wrong.

> The HP/Agilent 10890A and 10891A CBTs could not be legally re-engineered and
> the 5071A chassis required that the CBT installed be only one from
> HP/Agilent.

You interprent what I said as it is the same tube, I did not say that. What my
source said was that they where manufactured by Symmetricom.

Or, to put it in another form, do you know where the HP/Agilent tubes are
actually made (i.e. not the total clock assembly)?

Cheers,
Magnus