[time-nuts] LORAN - GPS

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 2 05:25:47 EST 2005

After a little research last night, I found in the 2001 Federal
Radionavigation Plan that LORAN is now spec'd at +/- 100 nS of the
calibrated control value (probally UTC) for a 99.7 percent availability
for timing.  I had reported 1 uS, which was an older spec from the Plan
from the 1992.

 From the Joint Cheifs of Staff 2003 Master Positioning, Navigation, and
Timing Plan, C/A GPS timing is now spec'd to 20 nS 95 percent of the
time to UTC(USNO) (threshold) and 10 nS 95 percent of the time to
UTC(USNO) (objective).