[time-nuts] Museum of HP Clocks

Brian Kirby kirbybq at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 7 08:31:18 EST 2005

Brooke wrote:

The HP name went to the Computer & Imaging part of the companybecause
they needed the brand recognition much more than the instrument
customers. The company now called Agilent is really the
instrumentcompany founded by Dave and Bill.

Rex wrote:
I still think that was a bad idea. Look what a great job she did with
the new HP after that. I found it a sacrilege that the original part of
the HP company that started everthing was banished from using the HP
name.

Brian writes:  Note that the stock went up a little bit when she was sacked !  My son passed me an on line comment about it,  http://www.technologyreview.com/articles/05/03/wo/wo_delio030405.asp

I think it should be listed as the former HP (now the Agilent Company).  Should make all the lawyers happy !