[time-nuts] Administrivia -- List Archives (was "How a Microstepper Works")

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Mar 12 06:59:27 EST 2005

I wanted to thank Tom for the really useful info he's posted over the
last few days in response to my microstepper question.

I'm always amazed at the quantity and quality of information this list
generates, and want to remind everyone that there is an archive of all
the time-nuts postings at http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts.  At
the moment, they aren't searchable (you can browse each month's postings
by thread, subject, author, or date), but I'm working on a full-text
search engine.

Also, I wanted folks to be aware that the archives aren't private --
anyone can get to them via the web interface.  I think there's a value
in keeping the archives public -- both to avoid the hassle of having to
remember yet another password, and to make a lot of great information
widely available -- but if there's a consensus from the group to do
otherwise, I can make the archives private, requiring you to use your
list password to get access.  In either case, email addresses are munged
to make them harder for the spambots to harvest.

John