[time-nuts] Where does the Z3801A 1 PPS come from?

Tom Van Baak tvb at leapsecond.com
Mon Mar 14 11:51:34 EST 2005

John,

Are you logging your lab temperature and mains
voltage? Your plot continues to intrigue me.

So I started a 53132A TI test between the 1 PPS
and the 10 MHz outputs of my main HP 58503B
GPS SmartClock (which is similar enough to a
HP Z3801A for a first test, at least).

While your plot shows about 1 ns ramp over half
a day mine so far is flat; the 5 minute averages
have a standard deviation of 15 ps. Plot attached.

I'll switch to using a Z3801A and 5370B like you if
necessary but again 1 ns over a day smells like a
tempco or  voltco - in either the Z3801A or 5370B.

/tvb
http://www.LeapSecond.com