AW: [time-nuts] Strange effect with C-Field change -- and a bit ofdata

Hubert v. Bonhorst hvonbonhorst at
Sun Mar 27 10:32:24 EST 2005

I'm very interested to see the instructions as well.
Please help

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: time-nuts-bounces at [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at] Im
Auftrag von John Ackermann N8UR
Gesendet: Sonntag, 27. März 2005 04:17
An: time-nuts
Betreff: Re: [time-nuts] Strange effect with C-Field change -- and a bit

I did some testing today and I think that strange effect I saw was in
fact a cable problem -- I couldn't reproduce exactly the same effect,
but in gently wiggling one of the cables to the counter I was able to
get some oddball readings.

A couple of unrelated points -- I wasn't sure about this, but have
verified that the FTS tube installed in my 5061A has the same C field
sensitivity (8x10e-14 per minor division) as the original HP tube.
And, having now seen the FTS instructions for retrofitting their tube in
the HP chassis, I can verify that the Zeeman frequency for the FTS tube
is supposed to be 42.82kHz.

time-nuts mailing list
time-nuts at