[time-nuts] SR620 on eBay (not mine) 7512332987

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Wed May 4 19:41:17 EDT 2005

Hi George:

It's just a guess (my counter's tied up now so can't do experiment), but
in order to get down to 1 micro hertz (1 pico second) there's some
analog stuff (time to amplitude) going on and the manual says you should
run the self calibration once per month.

The operational check is to measure the width of the internal 1 kHz REF
OUT, it's supposed to be 500 ns +/- 100 ps, and if not you're supposed
to run the self cal.  This is a low jitter pulse locked to the 10 MHz
reference.

I guess this isn't your father's counter.

Have Fun,

Brooke