[time-nuts] HP 5370B manual - now public + smaller.

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat May 21 18:38:54 EDT 2005

Following the scanning of the HP 5370B time interval counter manual, and
subsequent permission from Agilent to distribute manuals for unsupported
equipment on the *web*, I have now:

1) Placed the manual on a public web server.

2) Produced a lower resolution (150 dpi) version, that is 51.6MB, in
addition to the orignal 566.5MB 600dpi version.

Links to both pdf's can be found here.

http://www.g8wrb.org/useful-stuff/time/HP-5370B/ (USA mirror)
http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/useful-stuff/time/HP-5370B/ (European mirror)

Due to the size (566.5MB) of the high resolution pdf, this is only
hosted on the European server. Apart from that, and the fact the US site
has a search engine, these sites are identical. The lower resolution pdf
is on both servers, so one might be quicker than the other for you.

I've not printed the lower resolution one on paper, but on the screen it
looks pretty good. However, if you zoom in, it is apparent the
resolution is lower, although it might not make a lot of practical
difference, unless you want the very best possible output.

The permission from Agilent also extends to application notes. I know
there are some application notes around related to that instrument. If
the person that scanned them wants them put on that web page I will do
so, but not without their permission. Drop me a private email.

If anyone does want permission from Agilent to put unsupported HP and
Agilent things on the web, drop me a private email and I'll give you the
details of how to get it. It is very simple.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/