[time-nuts] Fine frequency adjustment in 5370B

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun May 15 18:58:50 EDT 2005

Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Hi David:
>
> It's so easy to feed the PRS10 a 1 PPS from GPS so I don't understand
> your comment "I don't have anything locked to GPS yet, but even when I
> do, it is not always going to be that convenient for me"

Hi Brooke,

I will not be able to get a GPS signal where the test-equipment is
physically located.

The best I am likely to be able to achieve is to keep the rubidium
locked to the GPS, then move the rubidium, whilst it remains powered
from internal batteries.

You do not always need the utmost in accuracy, and sometimes the
convenience of having a reasonably accurate internal reference is quite
nice.

If it's possible to 'see' sufficient satellites from an internal antenna
by a South facing window (latitude 51.5 deg N, longitude 0 deg), then it
might be practical to keep the equipment locked all the time.But I don't
know how practical that will be.

--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB