[time-nuts] What does PCB with 10811 oscillator do?

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat May 21 13:01:04 EDT 2005

I bought a 10811-60111 which was attached to the PCB shown in this
photograph:

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/useful-stuff/time/10811-pcb.jpg

Can anyone tell me what it is? It seems to have some logic on it
(74LS90N, 74LS158N) a pot for the fine adjustment of frequency, a couple
of trimmer capacitors, a Motorola 1820-1052  and another chip that looks
like 1820-n439, but I may be wrong.

I've got two plans for the 10811 series oscillators.

1) Use with the Shera board to lock to GPS, or perhaps perhaps to the
rubidium which is locked to GPS.

2) Use stand-alone, with no locking, to provide a stable reference for
my pendulum clock.

I'm thinking this might be useful for the latter, as perhaps it allows
the fine adjustment of the frequency, an RF output connector and perhaps
voltage regulation on a board, without me having to worry about it.

I don't see it being much use with the Shera board, but are interested
in what it is, and whether it is actually much use, or best put in a bin.

Obviously, if anyone has a circuit diagram, it would be useful.
--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/