[time-nuts] Airflow around oscillators.

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sun May 22 15:58:25 EDT 2005

Lessee, that's about 5x10E-6, very good for temperature at ambient.
Some of the remaining 10E-6 or 8 is removed by oven control and the
rest by the insensitivity of the oscillator to temperature change.

What is the sensitivity of the oscillator element (not the ovenized
package) to temperature change? Put another way, how good is the
oven? What I'm really asking is, do I have to get an old refrigerator
for 10E-14 or have I got down in the noise where further temperature
control produces no improvement? For the PRS-10 and 10811, that is.

Bill Hawkins