[time-nuts] Manual for HP 5370A (in addition to B) is now online

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Mon Oct 3 00:19:58 EDT 2005

As some of you know, I scanned the HP 5370B time interval counter's
manual some time back and put at on my web site. The manual is at

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/data/HP/5370B.pdf (600dpi, 567 MB !!)

with a downsampled 150 dpi version at

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/data/HP/5370B-150dpi.pdf
as well as the Agilent site.

A new list member, Frank Stellmach has contacted me to say he has
scanned the manual for the HP 5370A. I have agreed to host this manual,
at least temporarily. I suggested a longer term solution would be to
have this on the Agilent site. But it may be found here for now.

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/data/HP/HP5370A.pdf (42 MB)

Frank has the original TIFF files, so if there are any problems with the
manual, he is may be able to correct them. I suggest anyone who is
interested should download the pdf, look for any errors, and report to
Frank (drfrank.stellmach --at-- freenet.de) any errors you find, or
conformation you have found no errors. Please do *not* report problems
to me (other than download issues) as I don't have any way of fixing them.

Once any problems are fixed, I'll contact Dave Cunningham at Agilent
with a view to getting this put on the Agilent site.

PS
For anyone who is interested in noise figure meters, I have put online
recently a paper from the Hewlett Packard Journal describing the design
of the HP 8970A noise figure meter. It is quite interesting reading.

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/data/HP/8970A_HPJ.pdf

There's also an application note on the 8970A noise figure meter

http://www.g8wrb.org.uk/data/HP/8970A-1.pdf

The manual for the meter is on the Agilent site.
--
David Kirkby,
G8WRB

Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/