[time-nuts] GPS Timing receivers
michelangelo.albertazzi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:09:34 EDT 2005
I'm a final year student in TLC engineering, from the Polytechnic of Turin.
The subject of my thesis is the GPS Timing Receivers in general.
My main interests are:
1) Evalutation of GPS receivers performances, therefore I'm interested
in test procedures.
In this connection I've read the articles about the Test Bed at USNO
in order to evaluate the M12+.
My questions are:
- it is correct to evaluate a gps timing receiver just on the basis of
- it is possible to test a 1PPS using a TIC without a reference clock?
- can you suggest me material (articles, proceedings and so on) about
this kind of tests.
2) Timing Receivers architectures: I'm mainly interested in
understanding how the 1pps is
generated within the receiver. I've read a lot of IEEE docs, patents,
manuals and application
notes, but I haven't understood yet some details (maybe they are
Could you indicate to me any material that can be useful to my research?
I hope to find some experts in that field, with whom to exchange
opinions and experiences.
I'm sorry for my poor English.
Thank you very much.
Kind regards, Albertazzi Michelangelo.
More information about the time-nuts