[time-nuts] Xtal Oscillator Aging

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Oct 27 14:25:54 EDT 2005

In message <MGEKKFGEAIKJOOPJPGIKAEDGFPAA.richard at karlquist.com>, "Richard \(Ric
k\) Karlquist \(N6RK\)" writes:

Richard,

I've browsed the E1398 papers and was left with one question which
I couldn't immediately find an answer to:

Is the cylindrical design meant for use in one orientation only
(axis orthogonal to temperature gradient/airflow) or can it be used
in any orientation ?

It seems to me that if the axis is oriented vertically, the temperature
gradient problem would apply to this design too ?