[time-nuts] Circuit capture and simulation tools

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sat Sep 24 16:10:21 EDT 2005

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:05:03 -0400, xaos <xaos at darksmile.net> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>What does the group think about Orcad/Pspice
>vs. Electronics Workbench for circuit design
>and simulation.
>
>They are both mega-dollar software so the wrong
>decision could be a major problem.
>
>Personally, I have been a fan of Orcad Pspice since
>my college EE days.
>
>Also, I can't find anything on the net with a
>proper perspective on this.
>
>Regards,
>
>George Hrysanthopoulos, N2FGX

Not really what you asked, but are you aware of the free Linear
Technology LTSpice/Switcher CAD?
Here's a link: http://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

It is free and a lot of people are using it as a general purpose SPICE.
There is also a Yahoo Group for sharing information or questions about
its use.

I have no connection to LT. Just thought I would offer the information
in case you were not aware of this program.

You could also ask in the newsgroup sci.electronics.cad or use Google to
search the archives of that group. This kind of question comes up there
a lot.

Ultimately, it can be a matter of personal taste. If you are going to
use it commercially, then what customers are using may be the biggest
consideration.

-Rex