[time-nuts] Datum Tymserve 2000

Bjorn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed Sep 28 21:41:28 EDT 2005

George,

Its a good chance that the GPS receiver used is a Trimble
Acutime/Acutime 2000 or Acutime II, since they are used with most
Bancomm bus level timeing cards. (bc627AT, bc637PCI 12043/PMC/CPCI)

They usually are connected with a HD DSUB15 (like the VGA connector),
but it seems the PMC card uses a DSUB9. Check table 7-4 in

        http://www.symmttm.com/pdf/Bus/um_8500_0096.pdf

Does your DSUB9 have 12VDC(with +100mA sourcing) at pin 9? Ground at pin 3? Maybe you can
trace some pins and see if they end up going to a 422 receiver/sender?

(Do not blame me, if you break anything...)

The present Acutime2000 has a 12pin interface, older versions had a
7pin.

good luck!

--
   Björn