[time-nuts] Rb resonance

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Sep 17 03:46:07 EDT 2005

In message <0cbd01c5bb5b$53ba3f20$7900a8c0 at athlon1200>, "Dave Brown" writes:

>Or is the Rb resonance frequency, which is generally quoted as above,
>actually rounded to be an integer number of Hz for convenience?
>Perhaps a set of environmental conditions need to be specified as
>well?

Well, for it to have more significant digits would require somebody
to have been able to measure them.  That again depends on somebody
having a reason to.

With the quality of current Rb based standards, I don't know if
there have been a method and motivation.

There is certainly nothing that mandates that it be an integer.