[time-nuts] FEI FE-5680A Rubidium Pinout

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Sep 19 17:12:28 EDT 2005

In message <uo9ui1hk20t12oajkamrkqrov0sl1bdsin at 4ax.com>, Rex writes:

>I did some tracing on the board this morning. I don't think there is
>going to be anything enlightening in the eeprom. It doesn't seem to have
>any on-board interface to the rubidium. All of its control pins seem to
>go to the big external connector J2 as follows...

That is very typical of telecom equipment:  All major subsystems (often
== each PCB) has some sort of memory chip with serial number, type,
revision level, ECOs etc etc.  Some of them even update a counter
with power-on-hours on each card and append the shelf serial number
to a history list to give a history for the board.