[time-nuts] Loran - any good for timekeeping?

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Fri Apr 21 02:37:17 EDT 2006

> The US is keeping Loran-C going as a backup for GPS as well.

How good is Loran for timekeeping?  How does it compare to WWVB?

What sort of receiver do I need?  Any good how-to type web pages?

I'm in Silicon Valley.  The NIST map says that WWVB should work here, but my
quick try didn't get very far.  I was just using a small ferrite antenna and
I didn't check the tuning.